The project "Multidimensional Integrated Risk Governance" (MIDIR) was a Coordinated Action in the Sixth Framework Programme of the European Commission, Area “Science & Society”, Priority “Integrative approaches to risk governance”. Its main outcome is the MIDIR Approach, a Multidimensional Integrated Risk Governance framework, based on existing research. It is a comprehensive and scalable governance approach that can help create a culture of resilience and sustainability within and between groups. It includes performance monitoring capabilities suitable to organisations and to networks of organisations.
Partners of MIDIR were
- National Research Council, Institute of Research on Population and Social Policies (Italy), with support of T6 Ecosystems srl (Italy)
- University of Dortmund, Faculty of Spatial Planning (Germany)
- iku GmbH (Germany)
- Gaiasoft International Ltd. (UK)
- Federal Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Health, Family and Women of Rhineland-Palatinate (Germany)
- Lazio Region, with support of LAit S.p.a. (Italy).
The project started in June 2006 and finished in May 2008.